It is finished, all quilted and bound. I love the way this quilt turned out, it looks so crinkly and wavy, which nicely balances the straight lines and rather straightforward piecing. This layout looks much better than the colors back to back, which is how I envisioned it the first time. My husband convinced me to go with the grey for the binding rather than pieced colors, and I think he was right.
Here are closeups of the individual sides. I have no idea what to call this pattern, I simply made it up, though it is obviously not complicated.
I ended up piecing the back, because as I started to cut the reclaimed duvet I got from the Serena and Lily sample sale, I realized it was quite stained. Guess that's why they call it a deal. So I started cutting, and as usual I love the look of a pieced back more than a plain one. And I had a lot of fun just piecing it as I went with no real plan. The bottom pic is a closeup of the peacock print.
I have more plans for the rest of the Kona Poseidon stash, so keep your eyes open in the next few weeks. I am being pushed in the direction of a DNA blot-inspired quilt, so I am getting ready to geek it out. This quilt is small, as you can likely tell, my usual working size, though the proportions worked out a bit funky for this one- it is 42" x 56" I think. Now to quilt the Parisville top...