Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday- airplane quilt finished!

Works in progress- only two major quilt projects in the works, otherwise it is all just trying to find a part-time job and get my son ready to start preschool!
 An embroidered label (yes, however poorly done!) and dedicated to my soon-to-be-born nephew
 Front view with new yellow binding
 Detail of the name in the airplane's trail
Scrappy back

Quilt stats:
Named Owen's Airplane
40.5" x 42.5"
Pattern inspiration from Sarah Jane and Amy Smart's quilt for Quilt Market
Fabric is DS Quilts Collection from Joann's, some solid blue and white and green print from my stash
Quilted in straight lines with King Tut variegated thread

Now that it is finished it is off to my sister in law to give to her at her son's birth. So excited about a new nephew and about finishing this special gift for him. I am proud of this piece.
And now I can start quilting my son's quilt! I have been putting it off because I want to quilt it at Modern Domestic on their gorgeously smooth Berninas, but that will take a day or two up north.
Anu suggestions? I was just thinking about following the lines of the hexies, but slightly off, so I am not stitching in the ditch. It seems busy enough without busy quilting.

New to dos:
Make a pillowcase with label for my son's preschool nap mat

Woo hoo!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. The paper air plane is just amazing! Such a great idea for a boy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quilts and I love the hand stitched label. Your idea of echo quilting the hexies sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love that airplane quilt, it's great!! Also am enjoying your hexie quilt. Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete