Monday, September 17, 2012

Moda Bakeshop's new contest (or, finding new projects to make)

There is a new contest from Moda Bakeshop (as you may see above- I borrowed this jpeg from their site. I think that was the point of it.)

I love a lot of projects there and get a lot of precuts, so it is a double bonus. There are great projects on there, including many I bookmarked long ago (pre-Pinterest) to make. Then I saw this Isosceles Picnic Quilt by Penny from sewtakeahike. Love it! Here's my type-A list of whys:

  1. I love the colors, the bright punches of solids with the more toned-down prints from Pezzy
  2. I love the triangles. And there is a template included!
  3. I love the size. Nice and big. Who wants a tiny little quilt to picnic on? It's like you are not planning on napping too. Get real.
  4. I love the fact that it folds up and has handles to carry it. Now if it could just fold automatically. {sigh} I wish that for a lot of things.
  5. I love that this is a free pattern from a talented designer, and that Moda is making a fun game of checking them all out. No really, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment